Freelancers in today’s Global economy.
Freelancers, are you searching for freelancing jobs?
Freelancing-ecosystem is highly competitive, there are many reasons for this. One need to put in time and effort as an economist to understand the multidimensional freelancing industry.
Freelancing opportunities are growing in today’s economy. Even corporates are now looking for freelancers who can get their job done. A company can save a lot of money by hiring a contractor than having a full-time employee. Cost factors like salary that a company incurs by having employees for example Medicare, Social Security and other expenses. Also hiring freelancers is like on demand service and one need to pay w.r.t the efforts given by a freelancer.
As a freelancer, you need to be more active and responsible, at the same time very much accountable towards the services you give. So there is no reason that you let people downplay your efforts. A lot of people are making a good living from their freelancing business. YES, freelancing is not a job it’s your own business hence what you get out of it will depend on what you invest.
Today we can see an exciting transformation in the global workforce. The internet and mobile revolution is improving the availability, quality and affordability of workers along with the landscape of how jobs are completed. Freelance workers are choice for most of the organization.
It’s a brilliant future in the making…
Some of the industries / domains that look for freelancers are:
- Advertising and Internet / Web Marketing
- Business Writing –Newsletters, News Articles, Resumes, Etc.
- Computer – Networking, Programming, Training, Graphics
- Content Writing – Magazine Articles, Playwriting, Screenwriting, Short Stories and Copywriting
- Desktop Publishing
- Employee Recruitment – Employment Agency
- Event Planning and Promotion
- Fashion Design
- Fine Arts – Painting and Sculpture
- Fitness Consultant / Personal Trainer
- Home Cleaning and Maintenance, Painter and Landscaping / Gardening
- Interior Design
- Performance – Acting, Musical Instruments, Singing
- Photography – Fashion, Nature, Photojournalism, Portraits, Travel, Weddings
- Skills Training – Leadership / Management, Public Speaking, Stress Management and Time Management
- Video Production – Commercials, Independent Films, Music Videos and Public Service Announcements and Weddings